Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges for Trading Bitcoin [Updated May 2019]
Bitcoin Exchange Guide aims to provide the leading cryptocurrency trading platform reviews for all investors seeking to buy, sell and trade blockchain-based crypto token assets.
While our main focus is delivering industry-wide curated research of daily news headlines and developing stories, the importance of new user education towards the vital nature of knowing all of the fundamental pillars of the virtual currency ecosystem is of great significance.
Top Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges in 2019
From bitcoin mining, crypto trading, digital asset investing, to hot/cold wallet storage or any number of blockchain-related focal points, B.E.G. is here to help the cryptocurrency cause and culture as a whole.
We took the time and made the effort to survey our entire list of readers, subscribers and valued visitors in 2018 (which tallied nearly 5.5 million visitors and 7.7 million actions within our reach) to compile a comprehensive breakdown of the most actively used crypto exchanges of today.
While our top bitcoin exchange review list is still growing with a dozen plus more in the works to add-in, we have assessed 60 and encourage everyone to bookmark this page for recent and relevant future updates and news-specific changes.
How We Rank and Review the Top Bitcoin Exchanges:
You will find for each of the best cryptocurrency exchanges available a list of the following principles laid out an easy to read and understandable format, as well as being able to compare all of them side by side to be able to choose which bitcoin buying or token trading service provider is right for you.
Here is the list of the hand-picked, best in class criteria we used to examine each of the 60 exchanges we reviewed, as well as the bullet points descriptions for each ranking factor we thought to hold near and dear to the user's experience:
- P2P / Centralized: Is the exchange centralized or not (this will become important as time goes)
- Function: which of the buying, selling, trading, exchanging, storing methods do they offer
- Established: Year the company and website started, became functional
- Volume: Recorded trading activity amounts (daily and historic)
- Pairs: how many active base trading pairs does each bitcoin exchange offer
- Owners: Who is the owner, founder, CEO and management of the company/brand/platform
- Location: Where are they based from and any extended operations
- Fiat: do they accept fiat/crypto or just crypto to crypto altcoin trading
- Trust Level: based on our survey of thousands of visitors, how trustworthy is the digital currency exchange in the public eye
- Support: customer service, speed of response and how fast they deal with arising issues
- Security History: hacks, attacks and cracks within the crypto exchange history and infrastructure
- Coin Listing Process: how rigorous is each crypto exchange at listing new coins and the rigidity of the process for accepting and allowing new ICO/tokens to trade
- KYC/AML Requirements: Know Your Customer / Anti-Money Laundering are two monster terms that all bitcoin exchange users need to understand and know as their importance and significance will only continue to grow despite the decentralization aspect of the blockchain world
- Fees: the ever lovely transaction fees, wallet storage hindrances and payment costs associated with using cryptocurrency exchanges
- Benefits: top, most recognized benefits of each bitcoin trading platform.
What features and functions stand out most about each of these 55 crypto exchanges?
- Reputation: finally, last but certainly not least, what is the overall feel and presence each exchange gives off. We break down the aura of each crypto asset trading service and share a score of confidence.
As you can see, we went to town not because we had to, but because we needed to.
Sure, most retail investors and newcomers have heard of industry giants like Coinbase, Gemini, Binance, Bitfinex, Poloniex, Bittrex, Huobi and Kraken.
But how about up and coming or even silent staples of the space like Shapeshift, Xapo, Changelly, LocalBitcoins, Cobinhood, CEX.io, KuCoin, Coinmama, Cryptopia, ANXpro, BitFlyer, Bitstamp, CoinEx, HitBTC, CoinExchange, Paxful, Quoinex, Coinify, Digifinex, BW, CoinBene, ZB.com, Bibox or WEX?
Yes, we know it can get confusing fast and thus this masterpiece was born to help the beginner as well as the boss trading enthusiast.
The below serves as the first-ever all-in-one hotspot to compare and contrast all of the top ranking bitcoin exchanges. Be sure to bookmark this page and revisit frequently as we will be adding more reviews, like we have below: Luno, Bitpanda, Bitsquare, BitMex, OKEx, Deribit, Coinone, Wirex, Square Cash App, Xcoins, Yobit, Bitbay, Bit-Z, Coinfloor, Bitso, Coincheck and eToro as well as the much anticipated Bakkt and ErisX exchanges.
After examining and analyzing all of our unique individualized cryptocurrency exchange research of the best 60 bitcoin trading exchanges, make sure to join our email list at the bottom for ALL of our guides and insights spanning the entire bitcoin and crypto markets.